Kintamani is one of famous tourist object in Bali, perched in center part of paradise island on Bangli Regency. Bangli regency itself is one of eight regencies in Bali, which has not seashore; it laid away many historical stories. Looked from the geographical side, this regency itself nestles in elevated place, contiguous with Buleleng Regency in northern part, Klungkung and Karangasem Regency in eastern part, Gianyar and Klungkung in southern part while Badung and Klungkung Regency in western part so it is not astonishing if this regency has quiet cool weathered, sophisticated situation and a fresh fruit and vegetables and also friendly people.
In the northern part of this regency lies two tourist objects Mount and Lake Batur offering panoramic views. With fresh and pleasant atmosphere, an amazing panorama, Kintamani village in Bali will gives you many impressive experiences. You can enjoy the scenery of Lake Batur with its volcano Mount Batur which to date still be active. The villages of Kintamani and Penelokan provide a great view and its fantastic lake. Mount Batur was erupted in 1917 and again in 1926, gives a natural sense and it size 1,717 meters (5,633 feet). Everyone who has visited this place they surely feel astonishment. To reach the top of Mount Batur, you need to follow the main road from Penelokan Kintamani down the food of the mountain then climbing up through a small path. It takes up to 3 hours to arrive at the top.
The spectacular mountainous region around Kintamani with its deep Crater Lake and bubbling hot springs, make this region a must to visit. Batur Lake is the largest lake in Bali and the region offers some of the most spectacular views to be found anywhere on the island. Batur Lake also provides water for an underground network of streams and springs across the southern slopes of the mountain. Kintamani is really great for day trips, trekking or simply for getting away from it all for a few days.
The fantastic view of Mount Batur and Lake Batur can be seen from Kintamani while having lunch at the local restaurant. Please be assure to arriving in Kintamani by lunch time as it is sometimes cloudy during the day.
What you can see around Kintamani (Mount Batur Volcano) :
1. Pura Ulun Danau Batur, one of the most important temples in Bali .The temple was rebuilt up on the caldera ridge in 1926 after an eruption of Mount Batur destroyed the old one down in the crater. There are a large number of shrines, but most visitors are drawn to the huge eleven roofed meru in the inner courtyard.
2. Lake Batur, It lies down in the feet of Mount Batur and Mount Abang. The surrounding of the lake is a favorite place for picks you self up.At lake Batur you can see the scenic view and feel cool atmosphere. Bangli’s mountainous region centers around the spectacular volcanic crater (or caldera) of Batur.
3. Penglipuran Traditional Village, is a traditional village which has their own character, belong to the District Kubu – Sub-district Kubu and Bangli regency. The beauty of the village and the surrounding act that the Pengelipuran village is untouchable village by the modernization era.
4. Kehen Temple, this temple lies at the southern foot of bangle hill at the north east of the city of bangle. The temple is luxurious with a veranda facing to the south. It is located near Sasana Budaya Bangli, just few kilometers from the main city of Bangli.
5. Bali Aga Village at Trunyan on the eastern shore of the lake by boat from Kedisan. the key attraction is the cemetery. Ancient customs retained by the Bali Aga here include the open burial of dead bodies in a pit covered by just some light cloth .One of the best things about a visit to Trunyan is the views of Mount Batur from the eastern shore of the lake. This provides a very different perspective from the usual view from the crater rim.
The activities around Kintamani (Mount Batur Volcano) :
1. Climbing Mount Batur, a climb to the summit of Mount Batur – 1,717 meters and still an active volcano – to watch the sunrise is a great experience for more energetic travelers.