If you are a fan of processed chicken dishes, you must try one of these Balinese cuisine. Ayam Betutu (Chicken Betutu) dish which is made from chicken or duck, which contains the whole spices, then roasted in the husk fire. Ayam Betutu used as food in religious ceremonies and traditional ceremonies. Now, chicken betutu can be enjoyed in a variety of restaurants. Consumers not only society of Bali, but also overseas visitors who come to Bali. Ayam Betutu is one of the dish proud by people of Bali. Chicken or duck to be in though usually wrapped in banana leaves, then wrapped again with the stem nut, so wrapped tightly. Duck or chicken grown in a hole in the ground and covered with hot coals for 6 to 7 hours until cooked.
Here is a recipe for making Ayam Betutu
• 1 tail (1 ½ kg) of chicken
• 100 grams young cassava leaves, boiled until soft, squeeze, cut into pieces
• cooking oil, 5 tablespoons
• banana leaf or aluminum foil, for packaging
• 7 red chilli
• 5 pecans, roasted
• 10 pieces of red onion
• Shrimp paste, 1 teaspoon
• 5 pieces of garlic
• Coriander, 1 tablespoon, on toasted
• lemon grass, 1 ½ tablespoon
• round pepper, 2 teaspoons
• galangal, 1 tablespoon
• nutmeg powder, ½ teaspoon
• turmeric, 2 teaspoons
• 5 cayenne
• 4 lime leaves
• ginger, 2 teaspoons
• Kencur, 2 teaspoons
• salt and sugar to taste
How to Make:
• Stir-fry until fragrant spices smooth and dry. Remove and chill. Divided into 2 parts.
• Mix some spices with cassava leaves. Enter in the body cavity of chicken, peg holes with a toothpick. Coat the surface and under skin of chicken with remaining seasoning.
• Cover with several layers of banana leaves or aluminum foil, tie tightly with string. Bake in oven at a temperature of 180 ° C, for 2-3 hours until cooked.
• Remove, cut into pieces and serve.
Note: before baking, can also be steamed in advance ± 45 minutes, then baked for 1 hour.