Balinese House in Batuan Village basically has the same architecture and style all over the island. It comprises several buildings, the east building is used to make offerings, and the south building will be a kitchen. the west building is commonly used for the parent’s room, and the north building is the children rooms or used as the place of the offerings. However, Hindu people in Bali build their temple in northeast in the area of the house, called family temple, and they make offerings everyday. The villagers wash their clothes and bathing in the river and make a fire with firewood.
There may be an area outside the house compound where fruit trees are grown or a pig may be kept. Usually the house is entered through a gate-way backed by a small wall known as the aling-aling. It serves a practical and a spiritual purpose, both preventing passer-by from seeing in and stopping evil spirits from entering. Evil spirit can not easily turn corners so the aling-aling stops them from simply scooting straight in through the gate.
1. Sanggah kemulan : Family temple
2. Umah Meten Sleeping pavilion for the head family
3. Tugu : Shrine for house guardian
4. Pengijeng : Shrine
5. Bale Tiang Sange : Guest pavilion
6. Natah : Courtyard with some flower or garden
7. Balisekepat: Sleeping pavilion for other relative
8. Balisekenem : working and sleeping pavilion
9. Paon: Kitchen
10. Lumbung : Rice barn
11. Aling-aling : screen wall
What you can see around Batuan Village :
1. Find yourself at the Bali Bird Park to witness the largest and finest collection of Indonesian birds in the world plus fantastic birds from Africa & South America. Encompassing two hectares of botanical landscape, the park provides sanctuary to almost 1000 birds of 250 different species.
2. Bali Zoo is the perfect wildlife conservatory for the finest collection of Indonesian and other countries exotic animals. The Zoo takes visitors on a virtual jungle tour, where you can see the animals close up, and admire the tropical flora and beautiful setting.
3. Celuk is the right destination for gold and silver lovers, where its main road is adorned with many gold or silver galleries in traditional or modern buildings. Good quality gold or silver accessories in unusual designs and fair pricing, some even made to your order, if you have your own design.
4. Tegenungan Waterfall, these places definitely exist and here are some useful tips of how to find them and what to expect. Waterfalls are sharp drops along the course of a river. You will often have to hike up or down a river for a certain way to get to a waterfall, but the river provides a route for you to follow.
5. Mas Village lies on the main road, 20 km to the north of Denpasar and 6 km before Ubud, in a hilly countryside covered with ricefields and irrigated year-round by the waters of the Batuan aud Sakah river.