Sukawati Market is one of the art market is very famous in Bali. Sukawati market is in many art objects (paintings, sculptures, decorative masks, unique jewelry, etc.) and industrial goods (bedcovers, clothes, bags, slippers, etc.), all have models and motifs characteristic of the island of Bali. The price of goods is also relatively affordable here because for sale at very cheap. If you want to shop at this Sukawati market, should come in the morning around 8 a.m -10 a.m because the seller had just finished prayers. They have confidence if the first buyer at his store, which will bring good fortune throughout the day smoothly. Under these conditions it is possible for us to try to offer items that we like. But here also have to shop carefully and consider the quality of goods. Do not let you disappointed with the item purchased for not choosing to do things during the transaction.
What you can see around Sukawati Market :
1. Mas Village lies on the main road, 20 km to the north of Denpasar and 6 km before Ubud, in a hilly countryside covered with rice-fields and irrigated year-round by the waters of the Batuan aud Sakah river.
2. Celuk is the right destination for gold and silver lovers, where its main road is adorned with many gold or silver galleries in traditional or modern buildings. Good quality gold or silver accessories in unusual designs and fair pricing, some even made to your order, if you have your own design.
3. Rudana Museum was established in 1995, with the main aim of providing an outstanding collection of paintings for the public to study and enjoy. Its presence must also be considered as complementing the existing total of fine art museums, which are much needed in order to improve the community’s level in the appreciation of the arts.
4. Ubud Palace, Bali saw a significant influx of overseas visitors during the 1930’s. This first wave of tourism was focused in and around Ubud due to the business confidence of Tjokorde Gede Agung Sukawati who was proficient in English and Dutch.
5. Bali Zoo is the perfect wildlife conservatory for the finest collection of Indonesian and other countries exotic animals. The Zoo takes visitors on a virtual jungle tour, where you can see the animals close up, and admire the tropical flora and beautiful setting.