Taman Budaya Bali / Bali Art Centre is one of the favorite places of tourists. Taman Budaya Bali / Bali Art Centre is located in Nusa Indah Street, Denpasar. Is a large complex region that is ± 14 acres, for original cultural art performances from Bali Art. Taman Budaya Bali / Bali Art Centre architecture is designed based on the architecture of temples and the Kingdom of Bali. Taman Budaya Bali / Bali Art Centre region divided into 4 complexes, namely:
1. Complex Taman Suci ( Complex Sacred Garden ) = Pura Beji, Selonding Bale, Bale Pepaosan
2. Complex Calm = Library Widya Kusuma
3. Complex Half = Mahudara Exhibition Building, Building Craft, Sculpture Studio, House of Art and Wantilan
4. Complex Crowded = Stage Open Stage Ardha Candra and closed Ksirarnawa (both located in the South River)
In mid June – July every year, at the Taman Budaya Bali ( Bali Art Centre ) held a party featuring arts and cultural performances from artists in the Bali art. Taman Budaya or Bali Art Center is the culture building complex with the best style of Balinese traditional architecture. It is featuring the good lay-out building of amphitheater to be a place/hall of show performance purpose. It is symbolizing the twiddling of Mandara Giri mount in the milk ocean and spattering the Amerta holy water for the life of endless as according to nature of dynamic culture and stayed alive during the human being still dwell the earth planet. This amphitheater can accommodate up to 6.000 audiences for the show of colossal both for modern and also traditional.
This Taman Budaya (Cultural Park) is opened in the year 1973 with the Bali Artistry Party (Pesta Kesenian Bali) within one month. On that month, there are full of entertainment amusement traditional dance, exhibition, and other cultural activities. At the opening ceremony enlivened by artistic parade started from Puputan Park and finish at the Art Center. Its distance is about 2 Km and this parade is followed by entire regencies and towns in Bali by delivering their artistry mission. This event is often followed by other provinces in Indonesia as well as from outside country like Japan, Korea, Europe, America etc. In this culture parade is presented in so many forms those are from the sacral until contemporary traditional. There are also type of marry and custom clothes from each area, instrument of music or gamelan, forms Sesajen (offering) and others
Bali Art Center in Bali Tourism Development
In fact this event is not tourist event due to visitor and audience is mostly come from the local resident. But some of tourists can enjoy this party which is every year. The person who is propose this yearly culture event is Mr. Prof. Dr. Ida Bagus Mantra (who was been a Bali Governor. Taman Budaya or Bali Art Center is published as one of place to visit in Bali or tourist destination in Bali. This building was established on 14th February 1973 and has function to arrange the art and cultural attraction and supported with open stages and main buildings for: dancing, painting exhibition, seminar, and music as especially big event of Bali art Festival is held on the middle of June to July every year. It’s located at Nusa Indah Street Denpasar.
How to get to Art Center / Taman Werdhi Budaya :
1. 10 minutes from Sanur
2. 30 minutes from Kuta
3. 45 minutes from Nusa Dua
What you can see around Art Center / Taman Werdhi Budaya :
1. Bajra Sandhi Balinese People Struggle Monument , The monument was designed by Mr. Ida Bagus Gede Yadnya, His designed was elected as the winner of the design competition for the monument in 1981. The width of its building is 4,900 square meters, while the whole square is 138,830 square meters. If we witness from a distance, the shape of the Monument looks like a Bajra (a Hindu priest’s bell) which is standing up at the Puputan Margarana square.
2. Bali Museum , Originally established in 1910, by a Dutch official who was concern at the export of culturally significant artifacts from the island, the museum was destroyed in a 1917 earthquake. It was rebuilt in the 1920s, but used mainly as a storage facility until 1932, when the German artist Walter Spies and some Dutch official revived the idea of collecting and preserving Balinese antiquities and cultural objects, and creating an ethnographic museum.
3. Jagatnatha Temple, The high structure of the Padmasana is the unique shrine of the temple. Like other big temples, Jaganatha is very busy on big religious day, such as Galungan, Kuningan, Saraswati. The regular religious ceremonies are conducted on the new and full moons, shadow puppet shows are normally performed. This place is accessible within 20 minutes from Sanur.
The activities around Art Center / Taman Werdhi Budaya :
1. Golf at Bali Beach Golf Course
2. Walking on the sea at Sea Walker