Lovina is officially located in Kalibukbuk area and covering some countryside like Pemaron, Tukad Mungga, Anturan and Kalibukbuk countryside.
The centre of activities in Lovina area is located 10 Km from Singaraja Town. Nowadays, Lovina area is becoming the center of tourism activities in north part of Bali and offer many kind of accommodations, restaurants, bars, beach activitops, bank, ies, art shtransportations etc. The accommodations in this area are a available from the star hotel class until small hotel even the home stay for the low budget travelers. As a tourist area and center of tourism in Singaraja, Lovina get the biggest visit from tourist who visiting north part of Bali . It is estimated by 90% from tourist who pay a visit to north part of Bali will in Lovina.
There are no clear sources or evidence hit the name of Lovina genesis. Pursuant to the reference of the children from Anak Agung Panji Tisna, the clan of famous Buleleng King that the name of Lovina is given by him which is located in Kaliasem countryside, where at the first time he build a bungalow as a resort. He said that the name of Lovina is taken away from a name of small hotel in India that is lafeina whereabouts he stayed and write the book with the title of Ni Ketut Widhi. This book is translated into some languages. In memory of the hotel name, hence the ownership lands give the Lovina name. But there is also other version that is Lovina Name is given caused by its 2 Santen trees are planted by him and grow embracing each other. In this case Lovina is coming from Latin Language that mean is loving each other or love. Then Lovina’s name is interpreted as abbreviation from Love and Ina and it is interpreted as Love to Indonesia .
Lovina is officially located in Kalibukbuk area and covering some countryside like Pemaron, Tukad Mungga, Anturan and Kalibukbuk countryside. A well-known Lovina Beach at the north coast of the Island of God where you can actually see dolphins swimming around and greeting you with their claps and squeaks! It stretches down the whole north coast with small villages like Kaliasem & Temukukus, Kalibubuk, Anturan, Tukad Mungga and Pemaron as its main public areas. A stunning sunset seems to be perpetually glowing here and this is also complementary a great place for water sports. The sand along the beach is grayish black in colour because of the lack of waves and temperate water. This somehow goes with the tranquility the beach offers. As for a sight of the dolphins or a good snorkeling spot, and at a better price, I would suggest for you to take the local service. Make an appointment with him and rent a private boat instead of renting the boats which are already at the beach. Here is a brief summary about areas along Lovina beach.
Most visitors to Lovina beach in Buleleng, in the northern part of Bali, are there for the dolphins.Tourists generally make the trip out to the beach in June, July or August, when the weather is good and the waters blue and clear. The rising number of visitors to the beach is good for the local economy because of the jobs it creates. There are more than 300 dolphin spotting guides in Kaliasen village in Kalibukbuk near Lovina beach. During peak season, nearly all of them are busy taking tourists on trips out to sea. The best time for dolphin spotting is about 6 a.m., so tourists are advised to turn up at about 5:30 am, before sunrise Dolphin watching is much like fishing in that if one is lucky they will get a “big catch” and see the dolphins up close, but if they are not, they will go home “empty-handed”, without seeing so much as a fin.
View Lovina Dolphins in a larger map
One man returning after a disappointing trip snapped at his guide, “Are you sure there are dolphins here?” The management of the dolphin watching business has also been criticized. Once dolphins are spotted, the boats race to get into the best position. Many people are satisfied by the experience, but others return from sea complaining the dolphins were chased and cornered by the boats. The dolphins can become sick from exhaustion after being trailed by the tourist boats, or separated from their pups. Some of the guides acknowledge there are problems with the way in which the trips are conducted, but say there is nothing they can do about it.
What you can see around Lovina Beach :
1. Ponjok Batu Temple, is a stone temple where all temple buildings are made from stone. This temple area own the wide area about 35 acre in form of black stones bank. The position of this temple is rather sticking out to the sea as a foreland or Ponjok. Base on the position and condition then this place is named by Ponjok Batu so that the temple is standing above foreland petrify and it is referred as Ponjok Batu Temple.
2. Beji Temple, Some say this is the largest temple and Subak temple in North Bali. For local people this temple is known as Pura Subak; subak here refers to the organization for water supply or irrigation. Pura Subak is a holy place and here you can worship Dewi Sri the Goddess of rice and the symbol of prosperity.
3. Meduwe Karang Temple, One of northern Bali’s largest temples, its terraced entrance recalls some of Europe’s stately baroque gardens. Steps lead past 34 stone figures from the Ramayana to a big, peaceful, nearly empty courtyard. More steps lead to an inner section containing a huge stone pyramid like base flanked by two bale reserved for offerings.
4. Banjar Hot Spring, The hot spring (air panas) are only a short distance west of the monastery. Eight carved sandstones Nagas spew water from a natural hot spring into the first bath, which then overflows (via the mouths of five more nagas), into a second larger pool. In a third pool, water pours from three-meter-high spouts to give us a pummeling massage. The water is slightly sulphur and pleasantly hot, so you might enjoy it more in the morning or the evening than in the heat of the day.
5. Git-Git Waterfall, The path is lined with souvenir stalls, and persistent guides offer their services, which you have no need for at all. The 40 meters waterfall is quite pretty, and a great place for a picnic.
The activities around Lovina Beach :
1. Every morning during sunrise dozens of dolphins gather around for breakfast just offshore of Lovina Beach. The dolphins are one of Lovina’s major attractions and if you are there, you should definitely go and see them.